Tuesday 18 December 2012

Village Roast Duck @ BV1, Bangsar


Ok - if there's something I enjoy eating; it's RICE.  Curry rice, White rice, Briyani rice .. you name it!  In cantonese I am what you would call a "Fan Tong" (i.e. rice bucket!).  My current record is 5 big plates of rice at one seating (the fact that I ended up with a fever due to indigestion is another issue altogether!).



You should now have guessed what I had at Village Roast Duck @ Bangsar Village 1 :-).  I ordered a "See Yau Kai + Char Siew + Fan".  Ok - I think I already cleared up what "Fan" was in the first paragraph - See Yau Kai (Soya Sauce Chicken) and Char Siew ("Fork roast?") is a combination that I normally do not have. I would have preferred See Yau Kai and Siew Yok ("Roast pork") but since they ran out of Roast Pork - I had to settle for Char Siew.

Village Roast Duck was introduced to me by a close friend (Ju) but since I hadn't started blogging then - I did not take any pictures.  I was rather impressed by the food since then - and decided to stop by again on the way home from work.

To cut a long story short


My verdict : It was pretty decent

1) See Yau Kai (Soya Sauce Chicken) - Good texture (not dry) and pretty tasty
2) Char Siew - Average
3) Rice - Good

Why not great? It was let down by the sauce on the rice - it was just too sweet.  If it was toned down just a notch - it would have been VERY GOOD!

The meal came up to about RM 20 with a ice chinese tea.  Not cheap - but these kind of meals typically never are.  The overall ambience is pretty good as well.

So my hunt for the elusive 'knock your socks off' "See Yau Kai - Siew Yok Fan" continues.  I would definitely recommend this place - for all their other offerings as well especially their roast duck.

Establishment : Village Roast Duck
Address :
Lot F8, 1st Floor,
Bangsar Village Shopping Centre,
No. 1, Jalan Telawi 1, Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur.

GPS : N/A
Website / Facebook : N/A
Contact : +6 03 2287 4128
Opening Hours : Daily: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment